Academic Introductory Post
OK, so round one on trying to be academic. For the purposes of this blog, at least initially, I'm going to introduce who I am academically. I am a PhD candidate in Rhetoric and Writing and I currently teach Freshman Composition. This is my last course and it's a Research course. My research interests lie in composition pedagogy, culture and popular culture studies, and technology literacy.
My main research interest for this class's purpose is 9/11 Rhetoric and building a composition pedagogy theory. In this, I hope to explore the role of democracy, critical citzenry and media (technology, etc) in writing.
My experience in the classroom spans over 10 years and my "online" teaching experience spans over 3. I'm originally from the West Coast, spent my formative years in the South and am now in the upper Midwest getting frostbite and a PhD.
My main research interest for this class's purpose is 9/11 Rhetoric and building a composition pedagogy theory. In this, I hope to explore the role of democracy, critical citzenry and media (technology, etc) in writing.
My experience in the classroom spans over 10 years and my "online" teaching experience spans over 3. I'm originally from the West Coast, spent my formative years in the South and am now in the upper Midwest getting frostbite and a PhD.

1 Comments:
ten years of classroom experience?!? don't i feel inexperienced...
Post a Comment
<< Home