Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Job Search

I'm anxious.

Ch 4 is done, and I feel like I've been doing everything within my control to finish this PhD.

But, the job search is a different ordeal. I sent out good letters that were looked at by others, including 2 tenure track faculty. I have a strong CV, I think, and I made good grades in all my graduate degrees. I have several pubs and conference presentations, and I took a TON of coursework relative to my field. My references are well-known in my field.

I've only heard from one school, and I'm anxious. I know it's still early - not even December yet, but my colleague has had several hits for more info - including a phone interview. UGH.

I hope I can say - in a month or so - that this anxiety was stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home