Monday, October 10, 2005

Post Conference Research Ideas

I just got home from the UP of Michigan yesterday - after spending 4 days at the Fem/Rhet Conference. I jotted down about 20 new search words and 10 sources for my research. I'm really hoping that using these new search words will help me find some more pertinent sources. I also talked shop alot with a classmate and she helped me think outloud about alot of things that can help me categorize 9/11 Rhetorics a bit more. Now, I'm working on looking for a heuristic for my pedagogy, and I got a great idea from a member of my commitee on where to look that I had forgotten all about. I think the "think session" part of my oral exams was really beneficial to my guidance in where to go from here. I'm still overwhelmed, though, and I think that the process of writing my dissertation prospectus and doing the graduate lecture will really help me narrow my scope and feel like I can tackle the project in a sensible way.

1 Comments:

Blogger betajames said...

Building upon Kris' comment, what are the chances of there being multiple 9/11 rhetorics? If the chance is good, is there One 9/11 Rhetoric (thinking here of the One Ring in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings)? If there are divergent rhetorics, ones of resistance, ones of discouragement towards dissent, what binds them altogether?

Then again, perhaps such questions are unimportant at this stage, particularly when you're trying to focus things down. I am still curious about how to define 9/11 rhetoric, if there are characteristics and features common to the many kinds, if there are many kinds...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home