Monday, October 24, 2005

Sources Review Work

After my conference with Dr. B, I felt better about the structure of my prospectus for my Dissertation and my literature review. So, I decided to divide my literature review into 3 portions: rhetorical and democratic education, culture studies and critical pedagogy, and literacy. In the introduction and conclusion and throughout the review, I'll make connections to 9/11 rhetoric and pedagogy.

My problem is access, and I know that sounds crazy. Most of my sources are either in transit from OhioLink, checked out, or on a mystery shelf in the library. I'm going back to get a librarian to help with the library problem...otherwise, I'm waiting on OhioLink. I did discover Iliad, though, where you can order articles from journals not available on Ebsco, JSTOR, etc from Universities that carry them. I didn't know there was such a thing.

My other issue right now is concieving the 726 as separate from my grad lecture. I'm drafting the lecture now, and as I do, I'm wondering how I'll morph it into the final project for 726. I am glad that the lit review will fit nicely into my grad lecture, though.

I'm also excited about some of the sources I'm finding. I found a current website on critical media literacy. I also found some websites that will help me find resonant images and resonant music for my historical background in my grad lecture. So, everything seems to be falling into place. The problem is - I keep on finding more sources and someday, I'm going to have to stop and be happy with what I've found. I really need to focus my research in 9/11 sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home