Saturday, October 29, 2005

Lit Review Revisions

I know I need major additions to my review of sources, but I'm feeling overwhelmed again. I know I don't need to have read everything about all the concepts I need to cover in my diss, but I feel anxious about it. I want to havea solid historical and theoretical basis, and I keep finding more and more and more that I think I need to include in my review. I'm trying to control myself. I know I definately need more critical pedagogy theory and more 9/11 stuff right now - for the grad lecture, anyway. But, I'm looking ahead, as always. What will I do for this class? A mini-grad lecture? A practice grad lecture? Something totally different than the lecture? These are my thoughts. I have no problem feeling like I can do this 726/gradlecture/dissertation thing. I fear I can't control it. I need reigns on this runaway horse...or a pistol to it out of its misery.

1 Comments:

Blogger betajames said...

Just a pistol?

But seriously, it might be helpful to think about what you'll ultimately doing for this class as kind of a "variation on a theme." Does that make sense? Such an approach could help as you (possibly) seek to build upon existing civic education pedagogy. Well, really, you aren't so much building upon what already exists but making a connection to it. That's my impression anyway (and what I'm looking to do in my own research, ever-changing as it is).

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home