One More Down
I had another phone interview yesterday. They wanted me to go to MLA, but it was too big of a trip for just a couple of interviews. They were nice enough to schedule a phone interview. It was the most intense interview I've had so far, but it's also the biggest school I've heard from, and it's a more technological position, which fits me better than the others. Plus, I'd have a bigger chance of teaching grad level courses.
Anyway, I was able to answer most questions pretty intelligently, and my mind went blank only twice. One time it mattered and one time it was OK. So, I feel like I did OK, and I know they know how hard the phone interview is - the sterility. Anyway, I did the best I could for that moment, and I really do feel good about it.
I'm feeling good about academia today.
I'm not sure if I've blogged about this yet, but I got Ch 4 back from my chair, and with a few additions of sources in one area and some repair of some minor problem syntax, I can send it off to commitee. I plan to do that in early Jan.
Anyway, I was able to answer most questions pretty intelligently, and my mind went blank only twice. One time it mattered and one time it was OK. So, I feel like I did OK, and I know they know how hard the phone interview is - the sterility. Anyway, I did the best I could for that moment, and I really do feel good about it.
I'm feeling good about academia today.
I'm not sure if I've blogged about this yet, but I got Ch 4 back from my chair, and with a few additions of sources in one area and some repair of some minor problem syntax, I can send it off to commitee. I plan to do that in early Jan.

5 Comments:
I am feeling good about academia today too. I think it's awesome that your interview went smoothly and that you have minimal work to do on the thesis. What a merry Christmas present.
I am feeling good about academia today too. I think it's awesome that your interview went smoothly and that you have minimal work to do on the thesis. What a merry Christmas present.
I am feeling good about academia today too. I think it's awesome that your interview went smoothly and that you have minimal work to do on the thesis. What a merry Christmas present.
I am feeling good about academia today too. I think it's awesome that your interview went smoothly and that you have minimal work to do on the thesis. What a merry Christmas present.
HA!!!
Could you tell I was really excited?
Post a Comment
<< Home