Saturday, January 27, 2007

Success

I think my inerview was a success. It was long. I left at 650am and got home at 830pm. Here's how it went:

830-845 - coffee at a prof's house
9-10 - meet with VP of Academic Affairs
10-11 - meet with Dean
11-12 - lunch with some faculty
1230-1 - prep for class
1-145 - teach class
145-245 - tour campus with Dept head
3-330 - informal chats with faculty
330-430- faculty interview
445-530 - wine at prof's house
530-7 -dinner with faculty

I feel good about it. I was honest, I didn't trip and I was in heels all day, didn't spill on myself, and didn't interrupt. I think it went well. I liked the place and can see myuself working there. It's very student centered and the faculty seems collaborative and student oriented. There's alot of room for course design, grant writing, and online education. I felt comfy with both the admin and faculty, and I know I can identify with the students since they're similar to my background.

Thursday I was exhausted all day, but I wrote individual thank-you's to everyone. Friday, I cleaned house and chilled. Today, I'm reading and trying to psyche myself up to begin writing CH 5 on Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I would be exhausted too. Good lord, that was a long interview. But I am really glad it went well. Good luck with chapter 5.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home