Friday, February 02, 2007

It's done

Not my dissertation - I wish.

My job search.

I applied in 3 different staes that K and I thought we'd like to live in. And, I had interest in me from 2 states. But, it turns out the other state, though it was a great gig with alot of opportunity, was just too far from home. Damn these southern values about being close to home.

And, the gig I accepted yesterday is really a good fit as far a a job. I know I'll settle in and make a difference and be happy. I'm nearly 36. I need to be happy with some challenge, not stressed.

So, my dream is culminating. I have a contract for an Assistant Professor position. My diss is winding up. I'll have it done in early March. I'll defend in April. I'll graduate in August.

I'm celebrating with a cold. woohoo

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I am SO excited for you! Well, except for the cold...but everything else is SUPER exciting.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Enjoy your cold -- as new assistant professor of English!!! WORD!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home